What is Telehealth?
Thanks to technology, it is now possible to meet with your therapist or counselor on-the-go from your desktop, laptop, tablet, or mobile device (iOS or Android). Telehealth is a great option for busy people or people who spend a lot of time outside of Tooele.
Telehealth allows us to connect anywhere with secure and convenient appointments that save you time and hassle. There’s no need to deal with traffic when you can schedule and attend your appointments directly from a laptop or mobile device.
Just let your therapist, counselor, or our office manager know that you are interested in telehealth and they can get you set up to enjoy this convenient option.
What equipment do I need?
To participate in telehealth appointments from your home, you will need one of the following devices:
- Desktop computer with a webcam, speakers, a 2.5 GHz processor, and 4 GB of RAM
- Laptop computer with built-in webcam and speakers, a 2.5 GHz processor, and 4 GB of RAM
- Tablet device with built-in webcam and speakers
- Smartphone with at least iOS 10 or Android 6.0
- (To use a smartphone, you must first download the telehealth by SimplePractice app — available for iOS or Android in the app store.)
You will also need an internet connection that is at least 10mbps. For optimal results, a reliable, high-speed internet connection with a bandwidth of more than 10 mbps will minimize connection issues and provide the best quality.