Do you wish you could talk to your partner the way you did when you first got together? Do you feel like your marriage is coming unraveled and you’re at a standstill or headed for divorce?
Is your family in conflict because your child is making some bad choices and their behavior is getting out of control? Do you ask yourself, where did that little person go and who is this child I have now?
Are you experiencing Pre and/or Postpartum depression and feel overwhelmed with parenthood?
Are you conflicted, overwhelmed, and frustrated within your stepfamily and you’re at a loss to know what to do?
Are your days full of grief and discouragement over the loss of a loved one? Would you like to feel hope again and the joy of a new day but your afraid of dishonoring your loved ones memory?
Have you experienced trauma, abuse, and/or neglect and you don’t know were to turn?
Do you worry constantly about the future and do not know how to quiet that anxious voice inside?
I invite you to let me help you find solutions, build skills, and experience a new and hope filled direction in life. My approach is from a trauma informed and integrated perspective. I use researched and evidenced based practices incorporating them into a safe and non-judgmental environment. I will hold your confidences, I will cheer you on, and I will walk with you into the darkest places. I honor your personal story and journey. It is a privilege to help individuals find their own strengths and resilience to navigate the complex and difficult challenges on their path. While you may feel that life is overwhelming and spiraling out of control, it is possible to find peace in a turbulent world. Through our work together, hope and healing are possible.
It takes courage to make the first step and each progressive step helps you find your own “True North.”
- Children and Adolescents:School Issues, Self Esteem, Self-Harming, Divorced Parents, Sexual Abuse, Anxiety, Suicidal Ideation, Oppositional Defiance, Behavior Issues, Anger Management, Depression, Peer Relationships, Attachment Issues.
- Marriage and Families:Marital and Premarital Issues, Step-Family Issues, Couples Counseling, Depression, Parenting Challenges, Family Conflict, Infidelity, Divorce, Work and Family stress, Caring for a terminally ill loved one.
- Men’s and Women’s Issues: Depression, Anxiety, Spiritual Crisis, Grief, Trauma, Childhood Sexual, Emotional, and Physical Abuse, Suicidal Ideation, Pre and Post-Partum Depression.
- B.S. in Interdisciplinary Studies in Horticulture and Psychology Utah State University
- Advanced Graduate Intern Utah State University MSW Program
- ASIST Suicide Prevention Certified
- TFCBT Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- EMDR Eye Movement and Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy
- EFT Emotion Focused Therapy
- Mind-Body Bridging Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Horticulture Therapy
- Play Therapy
Tamra has been married for over 26 years to the same wonderful man and is the mother of six children. She loves family time, reading, and being in nature (she hears the mountains calling her often). She also loves puttering in the garden. Her latest enjoyment is watching the Hummingbirds feed in her garden.