Is your trauma, grief, or loss taking everything from you? Does your health condition seem like it is more than you can bear? Are you lost in a cloud of deep depression and can’t see a way out? Are you scared that you have come to a point in your marriage that you are considering divorce and would do anything to just heal things, be happy again, and make it all better? Or, is your child really struggling and you want to know how to help them? If you are experiencing any of these or other extremely hard feelings, you need to know you can get through this. Things can get better.
I provide a comfortable atmosphere where you can feel at ease and gently help you achieve the changes you desire. I use a combination of evidence-based therapy techniques including Solution Oriented Brief Therapy, Relaxation Training, Cognitive Restructuring, Behavioral Techniques, Insight Oriented Therapy, Confrontive Therapy, and Symptom Focused Education.
I can help you through the process of getting the help you need.
“There is nothing wrong with change, if it is in the right direction.” (Winston Churchill)
I am here to help you achieve the change you desire.
- Clinical Director and Founder, Sunset Counseling Services, LLC
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Masters of Social Work, University of Utah, 2001
- B.S. in Behavioral Science & Health, University of Utah, 1998
- NOJOS Certification, Network on Juveniles Offending Sexually, Levels 1 & 2
- Cognitive Processing Therapy, treating PTSD, DoD Center for Deployment Psychology
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, treating PTSD, Medical University of South Carolina
- Level 1 Professional Marriage Training, John Gottman Marital Institute
- “Hold Me Tight”, Emotional Focused Therapy for Couples, Sue Johnson
- Love Talk
- Major Depressive Disorder – Treating the Symptoms
- Making Mundane Moments Count
- Time Starved Marriage
- Guiding Good Choices
- Finding Power in Dealing with Bullies
- Trauma & PTSD
- Relationship Issues
- Chronic Health Conditions/Pain
Evan loves spending time with his family. He also enjoys watching and learning more about nature and this beautiful world in which we live. He is especially fascinated with beekeeping. He also enjoys creating his own beauty through woodworking.